Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gabby's health journal - Part 2 - Meditation

DAY 8 - 10 March 2013

Woke up in a deep meditative state, so stayed in bed till around 10am.  Blood pressure up after meditation, but pulse rate down.  Strange.

In meditation, it feels like I'm travelling through a wormhole to another dimension.  There is clutter and obstruction along the way.  Sometimes it identifies itself; sometimes it doesn't.  That doesn't matter.  It's just obstruction.

I simply relax, breathe and watch.  The obstruction melts away and I continue to move towards my centre.  Sometimes it feels as though I'm watching lava flowing slowly from a volcano.  At other times, there is a release of putrefaction from my mind that I can taste and smell.  It is death and disease.

Yesterday, my aunt spoke of the ferry she used to catch when she was a child, down the Brisbane River to Redcliffe - the S.S. Koopa.  My uncle then said: "Yes, it continued on to Bribie Island from Redcliffe."

I then realised that this was the same ferry on which I had my first meditative experience when I was three years old.  Ferries are so iconic in terms of meditation and spirituality, aren't they?  Siddartha, in the novel by Herman Hesse, met a ferryman who learnt so much from watching the river; and he, too, became a ferryman.  In my case, I had the overwhelming feeling that watching the ocean would reconnect me with the universe.

My mind is an ocean full of flotsam and jetsam that doesn't belong there.

The journey continues.

-oOo-

First off:  warm water with squeeze of lemon.
Late breakfast:  Juice (apple, carrot, pear, peach, ginger)
Late lunch:  Eggplant bake on seed bread; leftover breakfast juice
Dinner:  Ricotta/avocado/tahini mashed with lemon juice, basil and pepper. Handful of cashews and pinenuts. Green tea.


WALK - YES
B: 10am (N)
K: 6:30pm

DAY 9 - 11 March 2013

Meditative again this morning.  And blood pressure was up, but pulse rate was down, just like yesterday (146/76; 47 and 158/75; 45).  I thought meditation would reduce blood pressure, but that certainly doesn't seem to be the case with me at the moment.  My blood pressure and pulse rate returned to normal (127/66; 62) by the afternoon.

First thing:  warm water with squeeze of lemon.
Breakfast:  Juice (apple, pineapple, pear)
Lunch:  Seed bread sandwich (leftover ricotta/avocado mix & Vegemite); grapes; green tea.
Mid-afternoon:  Piece of fruit and nut bar
Dinner:  Minestrone and ricotta; fruit and nut bar; grapes

WALK - YES
B: 9:45am (N)
K: 10pm

DAY 10 - 12 March 2013

Woke early. BP is up and PR down again. Took two readings:  151/79; 49 and 137/76; 46.  Strange how BP goes up while pulse rate goes down.

First thing:  warm water with squeeze of lemon
Breakfast:  Juice (apple, carrot, celery, cucumber) and chia seeds
Morning tea at craft: white tea, two crackers and cheese, bikkie.
Lunch: (takeaway) cauliflower and cheese pie (awful!); iced lemon tea
Mid-afternoon: few grapes, bit of frozen banana
Dinner:  Brown rice salad with ricotta (large serving)

Walked to and from craft at Greenslopes today.  9km round trip.

WALK - YES
B:  10:50am (N)
K:  None


No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

As I walk by the river or sit in my tiny garden, not thinking of anything in particular, thoughts sometimes seep into my brain. If you'd like to read my seepage, here it is ...