Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

BEWARE THE PRUNING SHEARS - a short story

He trimmed her roots, wired her pruned branches into shape, stuck her in an all-too-small pot and said : "There! I prefer my woman bonsaied."  She would require some maintenance, but that was better than letting her grow wild and free.  This way he could control her.

Inside her shrunken brain she knew she was trapped.  Desperately, she thought about how to escape.  If she dropped her leaves, he might think she was dead and throw her away.  At the tip, the rain would come, her leaves would return and her branches would grow and spread. Her roots would go down deep into the big earth, eventually cracking the small pot into pieces.

Her plan worked perfectly.  She was free.

He found another woman, but he didn't try the same thing on her.  He couldn't ... because she got in first and turned him into a garden gnome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

As I walk by the river or sit in my tiny garden, not thinking of anything in particular, thoughts sometimes seep into my brain. If you'd like to read my seepage, here it is ...