Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

The case of the empty toilet roll

He was the kind of person who never seemed to notice when the toilet paper ran out.  One time I decided not to fill the holder with a fresh roll myself and waited to see what would happen.

Well, he ripped off the wrapper and tossed it onto the floor, then hid the open toilet roll in the cupboard - just to spite me.  You see, in his mind, it was simply "his due" that I was the one deigned to replace the toilet roll.  By neglecting my duty this one time, I'd become an "uppity nigger", a revolting peasant, a runaway slave, a striking worker, a disobedient subject.

And we were only flatmates after all ... but not for much longer.  I kicked his Lordship out onto his royal backside, chucking his imaginary crown out after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

As I walk by the river or sit in my tiny garden, not thinking of anything in particular, thoughts sometimes seep into my brain. If you'd like to read my seepage, here it is ...