Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life's little mysteries

Why does the TV cop always press down on the head of the "suspect" as s/he climbs into the back seat of the police car?  Is there some genetic defect among the criminal class which prevents them from getting into a car, unaided, without bumping their heads?

How strange that the jewel thief, who so skilfully and gracefully abseils down through the skylight of the museum to grab that huge diamond, cannot even duck low enough to avoid hitting the car's door frame unless, of course, there is a police officer at hand.  I mean, even old ladies can still do it without help.

I lie in the bathtub and ponder this mystery.  I am sure that when it is solved, the very secret of life, the universe and everything will also reveal itself, opening up like a flower kissed by the first gentle rays of the morning sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

As I walk by the river or sit in my tiny garden, not thinking of anything in particular, thoughts sometimes seep into my brain. If you'd like to read my seepage, here it is ...