Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The exciting story of the tax refund

As I was going out, I grabbed my mail from the letterbox and ripped open one envelope.  Without my glasses on, it read:

"Keep this notice for future descendents"

"Isn't that tautology?" I thought.  Putting on my reading glasses, it then read:

"Keep this notice for future reference."

Ah, that makes more sense.  It's my tax assessment.  Oh, jolly good - I've got rather a respectable refund.

[What's going on?  I've never used the word "jolly" in my whole life.  But it's the sort of word you might hear Stephen Fry use, so I'll leave it in.  You know, when his visitor arrives and Stephen says: "Jolly good!  You've brought breadsticks.  What would our Ancient Greek themed sleepover be without them?"]*

Returning to the tale of the tax refund ... oh, bugger it!  I'm all out of ideas now.

*  Reference:  Fry, Stephen. date unknown. Ancient Greek bread dildos. Q.I. London: ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

As I walk by the river or sit in my tiny garden, not thinking of anything in particular, thoughts sometimes seep into my brain. If you'd like to read my seepage, here it is ...