Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Man overboard

Years ago I saw Do Re Mi with Deborah Conway as the lead singer perform.  It was a free concert and it was fabulous.  This poem is inspired by their song "Man Overboard".

DROWNING

Crying
screaming
man overboard
because he slipped
and dipped
his toes into the water
the cold water

And all the while
I'm drowning, drowning
dragged down
by his heavy bag of death
pulling me under
and he says he needs air
but I've got none
to give him
anymore

I pierce
his bag of death
and its lies
spill out
and sink down deep
as I float upwards
and breathe
the sweet air
of freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

As I walk by the river or sit in my tiny garden, not thinking of anything in particular, thoughts sometimes seep into my brain. If you'd like to read my seepage, here it is ...